Monday, February 18, 2013

Book signings: Presentations and parties "To Die For"


A trip home, a visit to Bay City's great new library, and an invitation to a huge party are three huge events coming up on the book-signing tour for "A Formula for Murder."

This week, I will be visiting Mayville - the small, rural community in the Thumb where I grew up and graduated from high school, to meet with students during the day to talk about the importance of written communication in today's work world. Then, late in the afternoon I will set up in the Mayville Public Library to get ready for "An Evening to Die For," a presentation and open discussion on my book with folks from throughout the community.

I'm really looking forward to the trip home. I especially like meeting with students to talk about their writing aspirations. Mayville High School, and English teacher Mr. Robert Warren, gave me my start. My message for high school students everywhere is to "chase your dream, no matter where it may take you."

On March 8, I will take part in the Bay County Library System's Booked for Lunch series. I will meet with lots of folks who love reading to talk about "A Formula for Murder" and independent publishing.  Getting invited to the Booked for Lunch series is very prestigious. This should be a lot of fun, a kind of crowning achievement in the evolution and distribution of my book.

The huge party I am plan to attend is on St. Patrick's Day at O'Hare's Bar & Grill on Midland Street in Bay City's West Side Business District. O'Hare's is the favored hangout for the main characters in "A Formula for Murder." The owner of the famed Bay City pub is so pleased with the book that he invited me to do a book signing there on St. Pat's Day, which is a holiday almost as big as Christmas in Bay City. I should see a ton of old friends and, hopefully, make many new ones.

I've already lined up a Designated Driver and someone to help me count change. It should be a fantastic party. I'm really looking forward to it.





No comments:

Post a Comment