Monday, January 21, 2013

Review: "Formula" a great read, even with dyslexia




Here's one of the nicest compliments I've received on my book. It comes from Joe Martin, of Madison, WI, who picked up the book in November.

"You asked if I would let you know what I thought when I finished it. The short summary is that I enjoyed it very much and finished it quickly.  That last statement really says something as I'm not much of a reader due to dyslexia.  I listen to audio books mostly but reading is usually a slow process.  It took me over a year to finish the previous book. My daughter lent me Cryptonomicon by Neal Stephenson. Really enjoyed it but couldn't read more than a few pages at a sitting.

I was wondering how much of Nick's assessment of the changes in print media, publication and management of a newspaper were autobiographical.  I have a close friend here in Madison that worked for years as a Capitol reporter for the Milwaukee Journal but was
essentially forced out in favor of younger (cheaper) labor.

In any case, it was a pleasure meeting you and reading you book."



No comments:

Post a Comment